Change the Fill Color of a cell if the value of that cell equals the value of another specific cell
I want to change the fill color of cell C5 if it has the same value as cell A5. Can this be done? I know how to format cell C5 if it has a certain value - but not when it is to be compared to the value of another cell.
Select the C5 cell and go to Home, Conditional Formatting. Choose “Manage Rules” and create a New Rule.
The new rule type is “format only cells that contain”. The Rule Description should be “Cell Value equal to =$A$5”. Then set the formatting you’d like on the cell.
Our Awesome Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Ebook Reviews
- eSport Matches, Skills Tutorials & News
- Entertainment & General News
- Check your public IP Address precisely