Is there support for internal locations on Google Calendar?
Is there support for internal office locations on Google Calendar? We have a bunch of meeting rooms and that's what appears in the Location field of an event. However, Google can't resolve that to a location? Is it possible to establish some sort of URL that is opened when users click on our meeting room links, rather than Google passing it off to Google Maps?
It sounds like you are already using the calendar Resources feature. If not, you can set those up in the admin panel.
When you create resources, you can add a URL to each resource. Then when a user adds the resource to a meeting, that URL goes into the “Where:” field. We use this for GoToMeeting accounts and it works great (you set up a recurring meeting and use that as the URL). For physical locations, it would be as pretty but it should work. Definitely a bit of a hack but it gets the job done for my company (only 25 employees).
Here is a good guide on creating resources – http://www.googlegooru.com/how-to-create-a-resource-in-google-calendar/
Our Awesome Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Ebook Reviews
- eSport Matches, Skills Tutorials & News
- Entertainment & General News
- Check your public IP Address precisely