Whisker menu missing
I installed xubuntu-desktop using tasksel on top of my default Ubuntu unity, but I can't find where the XFCE menu is. Here is a picture:
The XFCE-Menu you are talking about is called
xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin. It is a plugin that lives in a xfce4 panel. So make sure you have xfce4 and the whiskermenu installed.
Check if Whisker Menu is installed
Ubuntu Software Center way
Go into the ubuntu software center and check if whisker menu is installed searching for it and see if there is a green check mark. If not install it.
Check if whiskermenu is installed
dpkg -s xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin
If not installed install it
sudo apt-get install xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin
Add Whisker Menu to your XFCE4 Panel
If you have installed the package properly you should be able to add it to an xfce4 panel.
- Right click the bar you have in your screenshot
Add New Items..
- Search for whisker in your items and add it
Whiskermenu should appear now in your panel.
Edit Whisker Menu
If you want to edit the whiskermenu you need the package
menulibre which is also available in the software center.
Installing it works like above
sudo apt-get install menulibre
or via the Ubuntu Software Center
Our Awesome Free Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Online MD5 Hash Generator
- Online SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512 Generator
- Online Base64 Encoder/Decoder
- Online CRC-32 Calculator
- Online Triple DES Encryptor/Decryptor
- Best World Clocks
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Entertainment & General News
- All the Free, Online Tools you need