Netflow differences between IOS 12.2 and 15.1
Has anyone upgraded their cisco routers from 12.2 to 15.1? I'm curious to know what kind of changes were made to netflow. Most specifically, I'd like to know how (if at all) the CPU utilization changed. The router in question is a 6506-E with a Sup720-3BXL
There should not be obvious difference if you don’t have any cfg changed.
Unless you want to use Netflow v9 or IPFIX in new template format in new IOS versions.
I’m not sure, but does this give you any useful insights? Though doubtless a professional Network Engineer would have no need to guess, I’m guessing that your references to 12.2 and 15.1 are Cisco IOS version numbers which I don’t see mentioned in the reference, but I thought I’d offer it just in case it was useful anyway?
…One reason you may see high CPU on the DFC is due to Netflow Data
Export. Typically CPU from NDE is expected, but in rare instances it
can become high enough to disrupt other processes…
Our Awesome Free Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Online MD5 Hash Generator
- Online SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512 Generator
- Online Base64 Encoder/Decoder
- Online CRC-32 Calculator
- Online Triple DES Encryptor/Decryptor
- Best World Clocks
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Entertainment & General News
- All the Free, Online Tools you need