some start menu icons on Windows 10 are sometimes Blank
i am using windows 10 version 1803 and some of my start menu icons are sometimes blank. Not my Windows icons but some icons from installed program.
I fixed it.
- Right click on the taskbar.
- Click on Taskbar Settings.
- Go to the Start Menu settings (on the left-hand side)
- Turn on Use Start full screen.
- Lave the settings and display your start menu as full screen.
- Go back to the settings and turn Use Start full screen back off.
Well, I can’t figure out how to do it permanently, but this seems to work for me. I created a file in notepad and saved it as “restart_explorer.bat” and then pasted these 2 lines in there.
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
If it’s not restarting your explorer, then you can add a 3rd line with the word pause to see what errors you’re getting.
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe pause
This seems to reset my icons, for now. I leave it on my desktop and run it whenever they go blank.
Our Awesome Tools
- Check your IP Address precisely
- Online JSON Formatter with Syntax Highlight
- Online CSS Minifier Compressor
- Database Administration Tutorials
- Programming Tutorials & IT News
- Linux & DevOps World
- Ebook Reviews
- eSport Matches, Skills Tutorials & News
- Entertainment & General News
- Check your public IP Address precisely